Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Painting Project


Colin and I completed a painting project last week. A nice neighbor had given us a changing table. It was a little worn and since our crib is white, we decided to paint the changing table white. That seemed like a good idea at the time, but given the fact that the table was composed mostly of spindles, well, let's just say it was more than we bargained for. Several hours later (and two very sore backs), the table looks shiny and new, so it was all worth it in the end.

We are still waiting to see when group 107 will get their referrals (and hopefully group 108 will be combined with them). Remember, we are in group #110 and are still hoping we will travel to China in January, but we are also preparing ourselves for the possiblity it could be as late as March. It most likely won't be February since most adoption groups do not travel to China during the Chinese New Year as travel arrangements are almost impossible.

I joked with Colin the other day that sometimes I feel like I am pregnant (all hormonal and emotional). His response was "yes, you certainly have that part down." But in a sense this is a 'paper pregnancy' and a lot of same issues apply. Lots of waiting, expectations and fears. Only with this type of pregnancy, you don't even really know when you are due (not to mention it is several months longer than the biological counterpart). So I take heart in the old adage, 'good things come to those who wait' and practice the art of patience which I know I will very much need when we become parents.

It is hard to believe that Sophia is probably already born and may already be as old as a year. And if we happened to get twins (Sophia and Isabella), the same applies. I just hope she (or they) are healthy, safe, and happy, wherever they are. Thanks to all our friends and family who patiently listen to our angst (well, my angst really, Colin usually takes things in stride. As soon as I hear more about 107 referrals, I will post an update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home