Friday, April 24, 2009

Tokyo Disneyland, Take Two

Colin had a weekday off and we decided to venture out again so that he could experience Disneyland with the kids.  Once again, the kids really just wanted to go on the "It's a Small World" ride.  So we did, four times to be exact.  

Now, I have a bit of history with this particular ride.  When I was 16, some friends and I went to Disneyland (California version). At 16, I was quite disdainful of the "kiddie rides" so I was less than thrilled when my friends insisted we go on "It's a Small World."  The song drove me nuts and I wasn't looking forward to it.  So what should happen but the ride broke down.  Twenty to thirty minutes (it felt more like two hours) of hearing that song, over and over again.  It was the last time I ventured on that ride.  That is, until last week's first Disneyland trip.  Wouldn't you know that the kids would like this ride the best.  Of course, seeing it through their eyes is quite a different experience than my 16 year old perspective.  As we are riding in the boat Keenan's eyes are as big as saucers.  They have have dubbed it the "Happy Ride" and never seem to tire of the song or the scenery, wish I could say the same.  Still, their unbridled enthusiasm made it easy for to grant their requests for multiple rides.   









3 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
The kids are getting soo big..
Have a great weekend..

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Moose and Goose love Small World. We go on it every time we go to Disney (often)
When I was in high school we went to the Magic Kingdom (orlando) to Grad Nite- Small World was the last ride we went on- we all picked a row on the boat, laid down and went to sleep.
Sounds like your having fun!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

When you get a chance would love to read a post on how the kids are adjusting. I know they are pretty travelled but wondering how they are handling the different language, etc.

Oh Tamara and I decided we should have our 3 year reunion together(eastcoast) when you come down since we can't make it to the westcoast! Ebba just sent out an email about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home