Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lot of Water Under the Bridge......

It is difficult to believe how much has happened in the more than two years since I last posted on this blog.

Colin became a captain at ANA on the 767 and then for reasons that are far too many to explain, decided to return to United at take the base in Guam. If you don't know where that is, you are not alone. It is actually a US Territory a few hours from Japan and the Philippines.

In 2013, we moved everyone (including our dog Marz) to Guam. Three weeks later, I had a piece of food stuck in my throat, the local hospital botched the scope, tore my esophagus, gave me a massive infection in my lungs. I almost died, was medavaced to Hawaii, had major surgery, spent a month in the hospital. Survived, gradually recovered but have continued to struggle with some lung problems and my immune system. We moved back to the mainland in September of 2104.

Colin is a flight instructor now in Houston. Loves his new position. We are waiting to hear where United's new combined training center will be.  Houston, Chicago, or Denver.....

On Super Bowl Sunday this year, my Mom had a severe stroke.  She is paralyzed on her left side and it has impacted her short term memory and cognition.  Sophia and my Mom have always been so close, it has been a devastating blow for little Sophia, for us all, especially for my Dad.

The kids are now eight and nine.  The homeschooling has been working pretty well but can be challenging for all of us.  Too much togetherness isn't always ideal. On the other hand, in addition to learning the fundamentals, they are free to pursue the subjects that interest them most. Sophia is tackling algebra, teaching herself flute, and learning Chemistry.  Keenan started learning to code Java and loves drawing and making up stories. They are both great kids, certainly not perfect, but none of us are.

The past few years have been difficult, but we just keep putting one foot in front of the other, continue to love one another, and do our best to find solutions the obstacles we find in front of us.

As the kids and I looked back to the beginning of this blog (started nearly 10 years ago), it is clear that there has been a lot of water under the bridge, but I guess it is more interesting to see where we are going with the water that lies in front of us.  One thing is for certain, those two Gotcha Days were the best thing that ever happened to us.  Sophia and Keenan continue to be the light of our lives.  

I hope this post finds you well, I'm not sure anyone still receives updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home