Thursday, September 28, 2006

A few more thoughts about our trip


I wanted to apologize to all of our friends who we just visited. I looked back at the photos and realized that we hardly got any pictures of the adults! I think it is mostly because Sophia refused to get close enough to any adult to actually take a photo (well, she did allow Kimberley to hold her on the last night of our visit, but it was such a surprise, that we missed the photo op).

We had such a marvelous time on our trip. We appreciated everyone's hospitality and it was very comforting seeing old friends and having everyone finally meet Sophia. We look forward to our next visit.

Sophia is now routinely saying "Da day", "NaNa" (mama), "Bb bb" (bye bye), and "uh oh". She ate like a horse while we were traveling and I suspect she has easliy reached the 19 pound mark as a result. Mercifully, she appears to be back on a east coast sleep schedule.

The highlight of the trip was the Mei Mei reunion in Southern CA. I don't think I have ever seen her quite so content or confident. Somehow, she seemed to sense she was around her sisters and she couldn't stop smiling. Which in turn, meant that we were smiling. We are so lucky to have this little girl in our lives.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger mama d said...

Sophia gets more beautiful by the day!

So bummed to have missed seeing you at the ACCEPT picnic, though I think I saw you run by at one point.

You're all with us in spirit as we head to meet Charlie. You know, the prom date for all his beautiful Norman neices!

- kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home