Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lo and Behold.............





Keenan tries out for a Gordon Fisherman commerical





I heard Keenan stirring at 445 am. I woke up with a jolt. Thinking that I had somehow slept through a couple midnight wakings, I asked Colin, "did you get up with him last night?" He shook his head and said "did you?" No....Did that mean he actually slept almost 8 hours straight? Well actually, yes! It was a miracle.

The night before gave no indication that a full night of sleep was forthcoming. In fact, there was such little sleeping that I was nearly in tears by 4 am. Come to think of it, there was no nearly about it.

Anyway, I never knew that getting 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep could feel so good. I don't know how parents with newborns manage, my hats are off to them. And to one of my best friends, Yi, whose son was so sick that she did not sleep more than 4 hours at a time for over 4 years, I'm truly in awe. I don't know how you did it.

I won't even let myself hope that this is a turning point, especially since we are just about to put him through another huge time zone change on the poor fellow, but in the meantime, I'm incredibly grateful and hopeful that more nights resembling a full night of rest (for all four of us) might come our way soon.






p.s. The Flashdance look that Sophia is sporting was all her own doing. It was just so funny, I didn't have the heart to fix it. The cute hat was courtesy of Aunt Kimberley. Not only does Sophia keep the hat on, she starts to wail and howl if anyone dares remove said hat.

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Beckyb said...

Yeah - that is wonderful - sleep makes everything look better!!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

yay for the 7 hours of sleep...love the hat! do the pants still fit her??
we miss you.
K.C. & T. xx

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

COngratulations on th goodnights sleep! Adorable photos!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Hoorah for uninterrupted sleep!
I bet you feel like a new woman!
(I have myself a very difficult sleeper over here, so I feel your pain!)
The kids look adorable, as always.
Love the hat(s)...

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Chris Ayers & Kelly Kline said...

Who needs reasons to go to Hawaii?? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home