Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Old Fashioned Ginger Creams


I have been making Ginger Creams since I was nearly Sophia's age. It is a recipe that is been handed down from my Great Grandmother and it's even made with lard (gasp). They are delicious and a holiday tradition in our family for more years than I care to remember. Sophia loved making them and loved tasting the dough even more (no eggs in this recipe). I make several big batches, freeze the dough and thaw it out when it gets to be Christmas cookie making time. I am so thrilled that Sophia loves doing things with us and she really is a huge help!




2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

I would love to post to all these great new updates but I have such a hard time posting comments I will have to make one long one!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I love the camo bear adorable outfits- so cute.
My fave story is the holding hands in timeout- I so wish you had gotten that on film!

PLEASE send me some of those ginger creams they sound divine!
Your thanksgiving looks yummy- hope you had so much fun.
The kids look so so cute!
Love,
K.x

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Kim said...

YUMMY!!!!!
Looks good...
If you can.. post the recipe..
But I know how tradition are..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home