Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"I'm Stuck"

I recently wrote this to one of my friends and I decided it should be documented on the blog.

It went something like this: I have a little funny Keenan moment to relay. I wish this one had been caught on videotape because it was priceless. It is harder to imagine if you don't know how Keenan says things, but I will tell it anyway.

The other day, Marz (our dog) was lying on the side of our steep hill with his ball. Keenan wanted to throw the ball to Marz so Colin called Marz to come up thinking that Marz would bring the ball. When Marz came up the hill minus the ball, Keenan decided he would go down the hill to retrieve it. While facing down the hill, he stooped to pick up the ball and then couldn't get his upper body to rise up again. Hands on the ground, butt in the air, he started stating in a matter of fact manner, "I'm thuck, I'm thuck" (I'm stuck), over and over again. Colin, with his fatherly intuition, decided to let it go one for a minute or so to see if said son could figure his way out of said predicament. His attempts to right himself were falling short and as Colin went down the hill to rescue him and said "I'm coming buddy", Keenan made the mistake of looking back up at Colin, who then heard "uh-oh, uh-oh" a mere second before Keenan did a face plant, butt still up in the air. He was unhurt, so it was impossible not to burst out laughing because it really was so dang cute and funny.

Unfortunately, there are no video or photos to document the moment, but sometimes, visualization and imagination can suffice.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh! How funny!

I could totally visualize that! Maybe your mom could sketch a little pic of that? It's a precious story.

:)

Donna

PS: Sophia is looking so mature! Love the fish watching pics too. How long did that last?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home