Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sophia's Halloween costume preview

I have to preface this by saying that we have had a "no princess" policy in our house that has worked quite well for the past four years. That is, until the kids saw Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty last month. Now, that horse is out of the barn and won't likely ever come back. And I have had to accept this new development.

Still, I couldn't bring myself to agree to a princess costume for Sophia this Halloween, however, Colin and I decided that she could pick out a fairie costume. OK, basically so she picked out a princess outfit with wings, but she loves it so much, I'm glad we got it for her. Yup, I'm afraid princesses are here to stay.

And yes, the dress even has LED lights sewn into it.....













































3 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger mexican chopsticks said...

She looks so beautiful! Now, why don't you want Sophia to be a princess? Or did I read that wrong?
Emma has about 15 princess and fairy dress. She started when she was only two and half (since she first saw the Little Mermaid). By the way, if you ever try Facebook let me know because I'm there!
Your children are beautiful and getting taller!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

ok so I forgot to have this discussion with you when you visited us. You know we were on the same page with this. In our case it overtook us when T wore a yellow fairy costume for her dance recital- all the little 4 yo's she took class with were "princess" obsessed!
I did my best to divert the focus- I tried to do the fairy thing in lieu of etc but it just will be what will be . I guess 4 yo girls and princesses are just the deal. I still tell her that she is a warrior princess and she doesn't act all princessy and she has never seen a disney princess movie (becuase she is too scaredy cat) but alas...we are on the same ride. But both our girls are strong and intelligent and survivors and I doubt either will be waiting for their prince to come save them! Though we have had to start praying for T's "husband'because she is obsessed with being a mother and afraid she wont' find a husband to be the father...another long story...

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kim said...

LOVE Sophia's costume.. tooo cute..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home