Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mommy, I need to tell you a question.......

I hesitated to post this story, but after giving it some thought, I concluded that the story needed to be documented because it was a part of Keenan's history that was just one of those moments not to be forgotten......... 

I need to preface this post with some clarification about the lingo used in our family.  Although Keenan's nickname is usually Bear, we sometimes also call him Bud.  "Mommy, I need to tell you a question" is Keenan-speak for, I need to ask you something.  Keenan's private parts are referred to as his "package" and his penis is his "willie" (Don't ask me, it's a guy thing).  Since he has been potty training the past few weeks, his willie and package have been figuring prominently in Keenan's vocabulary.  

Now that you have some background,  here it goes.......

At 2am, I was awakened from a deep sleep with a little tug on my sleeve, after I reluctantly pried my eyes open, I saw our sweet son standing by our bed.  The exchange went something like this......

"Mommy, I need to tell you a question." 

Trying to wipe the fog from my brain, I asked "Keenan is everything OK?"

He said more emphatically, "I said, I want to tell you a question!"  

"OK, Bud, what do you want to know?"

"Why is my willie standing up?  I keep pushing it down and it keeps coming back up, why does it do that?"  He then gestured to his pajama bottoms and on the outside of his Lightening McQueen flannel pjs, he attempted to demonstrate by using his hand to push down in the vicinity of his package and said "see, I push it down but it stands back up."  Thankfully, I couldn't see.  But I nearly peed my pjs because I was laughing so hard,.....errr, poor choice of words.  Anyway, when I had regained my composure, I told him, 'well that sometimes happens to little boys and big boys too, but it's nothing to be worried about."  He frowned, thought about it for a moment, and stated "well, I don't like it and I'm going back to bed."  And with that declaration, he stomped back to bed for the remainder of the night.    

Enough said..........

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Kim said...

OMW.. I am about to pee in my pj's...
I sooo remember this with my boys..
LOVE IT..
thanks for making me smile.. brings back oh so funny memories..
have a great week..

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We had a similar conversations with Logan! To funny!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger V and M said...

That is a classic story. I'm going to share it with DH. Our son will be 3 in February so I expect we might have a variation of the theme down the road. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home