Friday, December 04, 2009

Swine Flu Blues

October 16th, Colin's first time to our Seattle home. Later that same day, first me, then Keenan and finally, Sophia, only Daddy managed to escape the dreaded bug. It was not a fun time for any of us, but Keenan's bout was exceptionally bad, fever of 106.7. And as many kids with asthma, his illness turned into bacterial pneumonia, despite early treatment with Tamiflu. Two rounds of powerful antibiotics, and four weeks of being quite sick before he gradually improved, for which we are incredibly grateful.

It took a little longer for my motivation to improve, but Daddy needed some new photos, hence this post and here they are............

5 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Sounds awful! Hope everyone's feeling better by now.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds horrid! We just got our h1n1 booster today and stories like yours are exactly why we thought it was necessary to subject our kids to another needle poke. I'm so glad everyone is better! Phew!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kim said...

OMW.. I am sooo sorry to hear that you guys have been sick..
Just catching up..
LOVE all the photos.
looks like the tree hunting and decorating was sooo much fun..
Hugs..
Love those two smiles..
have a great week..

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger V and M said...

Good to hear you are on the mend. H1N1 hit our family in the Spring. Not fun at all but we all made a full recovery. Great new pics! You've been busy.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

thes are long awaited photos- still haven't really seen your new house. I am so so sorry you had to suffer so much especially little Keenan. Tuesday's bout was so relatively easy in comparison and over so quickly. It sounds rough. Got your message. Want to catch up. Please post more photos when you can.
I just LOVE that spunky girl- she looks SOOOOO grown up I cannot believe and now that I know her recent personality I can see it in all the photos. you will have to make a trip out to Disneyworld!
I desperately want to got on the trip next year- we will try however we can to make it- I talked to both Adam and vic and they were blown away. Will try to call you soon. it's hard I am working now and it is hard on all of us especially T love, K.x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home