Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Words fail me, but Sophia's Photo says it all!



We are absolutely thrilled to announce that we have a daughter!

Mingci Zhan (soon to be Sophia-we are still working on her middle name)
Zhanjiang SWI
Born: 07/06/05
Weight: 6 kg (13 pounds give or take)
Height: 61.5 (24" ? give or take)
Is not yet teething

According to her SWI, Mingci is a deep sleeper, likes to suck her fingers, laughs, smiles easily, is active and restless (I'd better step up my daily runs to keep up with her), likes music (Mother Mary and Father Jack, are you paying attention? and reading picture books, loves toys, knows her name and is close to her caretaker.

I know this information is nearly 3 months old and can sometimes be off, but I like what I am reading and I am head over heels about this little girl.

We feel incredibly grateful for the impending addition to our family.

I'm going to post her referral photos-if blogger lets me :)
p.s. to my knowledge, she does not have a lot of spots or a skin disorder, but the photos had some small scratches on them and when they are scanned, it gets really magnified!

p.p.s. Congratulations to all the families that just got their referrals! I don't know what anyone else is feeling, but I can't quite believe this day has finally come. I am exhausted from flying down to LA to get her referral packet but it sure was worth it. A special thanks to my friend Kimberley (and her husband Chris) who were kind enough to pick it up from our agency and bring out to LAX to give it me. I am forever in your debt.

When I have more energy, I will post how this day unfolded, quite a day!

8 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

Congratulaions!! She is so cute!
Lisa

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Congratulations Kat and Colin!!!!!! She is absolutely beautiful - what a precious little face. I'm am thrilled for you guys and can't wait to read about your trip and then meet her when you come home.

Enjoy your celebration this week!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger The Bainbridge Family said...

Congratulations Kat and Colin! :)
Phew, what a relief huh? But now the real wait... of days, hours and then (ugh!)...minutes!!!
Again, congratulations to you three. I hope you travel soon, soon, soon!!

Anna

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger The Bainbridge Family said...

Ps
She is just the cutest!!!

Anna

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Chris Ayers & Kelly Kline said...

At long last -- what a joy. You can see Sophia's sweet temperment right through the photo. We are so happy for you and Colin.
Kelly, Chris & Helen

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Tonia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a cutie!! She is so beautiful. Congratulations Kat and Colin!!

Hugs -
Tonia from Our Fuling Princess Blog

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger R&H said...

COngrats!!!!!!! She is a beautiful little girl!!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! Sophia is beautiful, and the expression on her face is so sweet and adorable!

Best Wishes!
-Heather :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home