Monday, May 08, 2006

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.....


All week long, I have been humming the Peter, Paul and Mary song (actually written by John Denver)"Leaving on a Jet Plane".

My parents are musicians and I can remember my Mom singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" as she was putting her make-up on. I was always very content sitting in her bathroom while she sang and got ready to go to work. I'm not sure if the song came to mind because we are about to embark on a 14+ hour plane ride or if it is because it is one of my earliest memories and I'm about to embark upon motherhood for the first time. Or maybe it is just because I have more bags packed for this trip than any 5 prior trips combined! Either way, there it has been, playing over and over again in my head.

I must not be alone in the plane sentiment because I noticed that someone else in my travel group had also posted using the song lyrics as a title.

In any case, it is my hope that our next post will be live from Hong Kong.

Thanks to my Mom who mercifully agreed to dog sit our two pooches for the next 19 days. And thank you to all our family and friends who have been so very supportive over the last year with all the angst that accompanied it.

Look out Sophia, your parents are coming!

4 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Congratulations you two!! (or you three!) I'm so happy that this day has finally come for you :)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger mama d said...

Oh, it just makes me smile so much to see you all packed and ready to go. Hoo-rah. - kristin

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Woo Hoo! Finally the traditional photo of the suitcases has been posted! I knew the day would come!

Try to resist the urge to leap from your seats and serve beverages or assume control of the aircraft. That really pisses off the crew.

I can't wait to read your "live from HK" message next!

Biggest happy hugs!

Donna

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Hooray!!!!!!

Love the theme song. (Although now you've got it stuck in my head and Rod's not going to be happy when I sing it for the thousandth time.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home