Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The moments that make it all worth while

Sophia had her 15 month well check today. To say she was one unhappy girl would be an understatement, to say the least.

She is now just shy of 18 pounds and is 28.5 inches tall. She isn't quite keeping up with her personal growth curve, but she seems happy and healthy, so I won't freak out quite yet.

I can't believe that we have been a family for almost 5 months. At times, it seems were in China only weeks ago, and at other times, it feels like we have been a family forever.

Yesterday, I had one of those moments that truly do make it all worthwhile. Sophia and Colin stayed home while I went grocery shopping. I returned home and had knelt down to put away some items. I could hear her run down the hall. When she turned the corner, she saw me and her eyes lit up, she held out her arms for a hug and launched herself into my arms. Now Sophia has been hugging me for quite some time now, but this was the FIRST time that she initiated the hug. I nearly cried.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Aw, sounds like an awesome moment!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Very Sweet! I am sooo happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home