Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Overheard in Our House This Morning

The kids were very excited to get up this morning because Daddy was coming home.  Keenan is usually a slow starter in the morning and he can be quite grouchy and quiet, but today, his head suddenly popped up, he was fully awake and he had a broad grin on his face.  Then all at once, with a look of studied concentration, his first words to me were "You know, the Mayflower didn't have any bedrooms or bathrooms (long pause as he contemplates this statement)............I guess that means the pilgrims had to go pee pee in the water."  

His delivered this pearl of wisdom with such comedic timing that I was laughing so hard, I nearly wet my pants.  I guess it was a good thing I wasn't on the Mayflower, at least I could make use of our bathroom.  

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mary McG in TN said...

Glad to 'hear' from you - hope your Thanksgiving was great! I know that you were thankful everyone was home!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home