Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Well, we seem to be up and running again. Hopefully no more computer glitches.

Here are some photos of our adventures so far. Of course I know that everyone just really wants to see photos of Sophia. Patience, patience, patience....as if!



On the bus to the Seafood Village for our first group lunch where we were briefed by the China Team.



Kimberley and Kat at the exotic seafood market (just the place for Kat who is allergic to fish)








This morning Colin gave me a poem he wrote for Mother's Day. I, of course, cried, here it goes:
Mother's Day 2006

Here in Guangzhou for Gotcha
that being the word of the day
Sophia in your arms soon
a great gift for Mother's Day.
A wife you've been the best
A mother soon to be
Sophia will see all your love
Just as you have shown to me
Relax and enjoy the moment
With a gift coming like no other
Taking you one step close
to being the greatest mother.
So side by side
we will work at this together.
The three of us being a family
finally and forever.

5 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! I can't wait! Happy Mother's day to you! I bet it's gonna feel like Father's Day too!

Biggest Hugs to you and Colin!

Donna & Andrew

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! I'm waiting for the story and pictures. Its hard to be patient but I know right now you are in the process of experiencing one of the most special time in your lives, so I'll wait til you're ready.

Congratulations and much joy to you all,
Catherine G111

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous poem Colin has written for you. A year ago on Mothers' Day evening, we were also anticipating the following day, when we would meet Maggie. It really is the best Mothers' Day gift ever. I can't wait to see your photos tomorrow!!

Milinda
Group 102
www.maggielinchen.blogspot.com

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting that it's finally 'Meet Sophia Day'.

Tammy

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger glo said...

I love the poem Dad wrote for mom. How very special and a great set up with that word relax, since your little one seemed so upset for a while, if she could sense your peace "well you know at least to some degree" they would soon feel like arms in which she could also relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home