Wednesday, July 05, 2006

All American Girl


Sophia's Fourth of July outfit came with a bib that said "All American Girl" and it just seemed an appropriate title for her first Independence Day celebration. It was a beautiful day and the sunset was stunning.

The day would have been perfection had we received her Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. Due to some problems with the temporary forward on our mail, it appears it is floating around some where in the postal system. I called the BCIS and they told me they would be on a look out for it if it was returned to them. In the meantime, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get the certificate before we return to California in time to visit Colin's Grandma in Canada.

Look for a new post tomorrow with lots of photos of her first birthday party. Lots of family and friends coming and I am hoping for some more photos of Sophia's 'cake face'.





































Pretty in pink






















Getting some piano lessons from Nana

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Sophia is adorable! We're party poopers and didn't even bother to dress Gwen in anyting patriotic since she had nothing clean in the red/white/blue color scheme and wans't old enough to care. We didn't even show her the fireworks! I do feel some guilt about this but I'm sure it'll pass.

Next year she'll probalby all excited about July 4th. Meanwhile, we'll just look at all the other darling little "firecrackers" and say Ooooh and Ahhhhh! Sophia is heading up my list of favorites!

:)

Donna

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Great Photos! She is so cute!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

I am so glad you posted pics of her standing. My fave is the one with her so confidently standing with one hand casually placed on the table! She is such a little 'firecracker' you look so happy.
Can't wait to see the bday photos!
Kimberley and Tuesday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home