Friday, May 19, 2006

Make that, more amazing every minute

For those of you who haven't checked the blog in a few hours, be aware, we went post happy today. Four new ones in the past 24 hours, so keep scrolling down and you will find soooooooo many new photos.












Kat gets her pizza! Sophia eyes her new found food loves, tomato and pineapple!



Well it has been a whole 3 hours or so since we last posted. Since then, we had our first normal bowel movement, our first taste of tomato and pineapple (and we like it), our first consecutive 15 feet of crawling and our first pulling herself up to the standing position (using the side of the bed), oh yes, and the first eyeing (make that, making a beeline for) of the electrical plugs (oh my). I guess we had better finish off the child proofing and fast.

We had our first dinner as a family on our own (without the group). We ordered room service and Sophia really loved not sharing our attention and being able to plop down on the floor of our room when she didn't feel like sitting on Mom's lap anymore. After a long week, Colin supersized his beer (see photo) :)

8 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger mama d said...

Hooray for multiple posts! It's incredible to watch you become a family, and to read about how you're all getting to know one another. Here in the House of D, we've been calling Sophia "The Bean" (cause she's so small and cute) and we will immediately switch to "Peanut."

grins,
kristin & friedrich

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger TK said...

Try putting pillows or suitcases in front of the electrical outlets. How do kids find those all the time?
I have to make it a "must" to start putting electrical plug covers in my suitcase for hotels!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I found that masking tape (over the outlets) works well in a pinch too. If that does't work, just use the tape to tie the baby's hands together (Okay! I'm just kidding!)

I can totally relate to the pizza and beer too. I lost 10 pounds in China because the food was too weird for me and I was too excited to eat and I usually couldn't eat because Gwen wouldn't let me get near a table of food without trying to grab everything and throw it on the floor. When I finally got a tuna sandwich from room service, it was heaven! Be sure to check out Danny's Bagels. They deliver anywhere in Guangzhou and the food is very "American" and yummy!

Since you can't drink the water, ice cold beer was my main source of liquid and I think the carbs helped me too (and the alcohol was appreciated also!)

Hugs to all!

Donna

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying following your journey. Sophia is just beautiful and sounds like she has a strong personality...and you wouldn't want it any other way:) Can't wait until it's our turn! Thank goodness we can live vicariously until then. It's amazing to me how families seem to get the perfect baby for them....

Susan
waitforlilykate.blogspot.com

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophia is adorable! I clicked the link from Gwen's blog! I'm so glad I did! Here's to many happy days with your new little girl!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Kat and Colin said...

HI Kathy and Colin! We are at your house right now raving over your beautiful daughter! What an incredible child and so lucky to have parents like you and these extremely proud and doting grandparents standing here staring at every inch of every picture! Your house is a paradise in the woods;what a find and it is wonderful. Here's Grandma:
Hey Honey - we FINALLY got on - couln't get on all day - The pics are marverlous and can't wait to hold her and hear her giggle. We are having a great time with Jill and Jim and Jack too. Hope to be able to get thru to you tomorrow - Love you and miss you so much -- Stay well and don't eat the bugs and snakes there!!!! Mom

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Sophia is so so so beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and your family!!!

Tammy
www.murphyadoption.blogspot.com

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kat, it's cat, robin and mason. we look at sophia's pix everyday and she is beautiful! we can't wait to meet her and see you all together as a family-3, it's a magic number! (well, and there are our other babies too!) have a great trip home now that you are "complete" :-) love, us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home