Friday, April 13, 2007

Going to the dogs...........

Midnight (aka Louie Downtown), my kingdom in a horse.


When I see these photos of Sophia with Marz (taken in January) and contrast them with the photos of her on the blanket (taken last summer), I can truly see how much she has grown.































Donna, at http://2happy.typepad.com/ has a new photo challenge...pets. Sophia loves our Border Collie, Marz, and he loves her, for the most part........when she pulls his tail, maybe not so much.
So far, Sophia has been fearless around Mambo. She loves giving him kisses on his soft muzzle. Mambo has been very sweet with her but I can't help but wish that Sophia had been able to grow up around Midnight (pictured above). In a lot of ways, he was the reason I finally figured out that I could be a Mom. Unfortunately, Midnight passed away four years ago this May. Mr. Midnight, you had more heart and soul than most people and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wish I could wrap my arms around you, just one more time.








Poor, poor, poor Marz. Sophia decided to give him treats to make up for the humiliation he was enduring.
































The resignation is written all over his face, or maybe it is guilt because Marz isn't supposed to be on the couch, and he knows it.






"Marz, what do you think of our Christmas tree?"




















"I thought dogs were just small horses"






Keenan doesn't look too sure about this furry creature Dad is making him touch. Most of the time, he just likes to watch Marz but he is not yet appreciative of Marz's kisses.




















Puppy Love

8 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger tara said...

This is the Mimi from the "Twins!" blog -- thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Yes, a horse would be a nice addition to their menagerie -- Mom would especially like that (and surprisingly the girls seem to be less afraid of horses than the little dogs, go figure!) I certainly wish the girls were as comfortable with animals as Sophia seems to be, love the Halloween pictures :). Keenan is certainly growing, both of the children are adorable.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog! Oh your babies are beautiful!!! I like the ladybug outfit too... but I bet worked out better in NoCA! Not so much in Central Florida! heh

I love your butterfly pics too! Our local butterfly farm doesn't even hold a candle to the one you visited!!

Have a great weekend!
Lisa :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger crazylady said...

You had me at 'hello' with the horse shot. I can't imagine how much you miss Midnight. With great love comes great pain.
Marz is looking at that Christmas tree wondering when she can start peeing on the trunk?
Sophia has a true best friend I think. Love the doggie "do ups". Only costume Reno would wear would be a sandwich board saying, "feed me".
Senja.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Mammarazzi Madness said...

Love the photos.
Andrea

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger mommy24treasures said...

very cute. Love the dress up shots. Sorry about Midnight.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger MaryBeth said...

I love that picture of Keenan and Colin with the dog! And Keenan's expression is priceless ( he may grow up to be an actor I think!). He seems to be saying, "why the heck is dad making me sit here with this darn doggy again!!!"

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

It's amazing how time flies! Just think about where we all were just a year ago as opposed to now, it is just incredible!

Michelle

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Don and Be said...

Kids & doggies - life is good.
Don & B e

 

Post a Comment

<< Home