Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Hint of Spring Arrives

Keenan was a mere 10 pounds when he was placed in our arms at 4 months. He has been steadily gaining much needed weight and I swear, at just six months, he feels like he is knocking on the door of 14 or 15 pounds. His little match stick limbs now bear a greater resemblence to the Michelen Man and he absolutely looks like (and feels like) he ingested a fully inflated basketball. Forget double chins, I'm not even sure he has a chin anymore! It is so good to see him look healthy and strong. He is trying so very hard to crawl but his body won't seem to cooperate, just yet anyway.









In the meantime, Sophia loves, loves, loves being outdoors. She seems to like everything about it and is crushed when it is time to return to her abode. Today she became a little more tentative about the slide when she lost control and slid all the way on her back. It took a fair amount of persuasion to convince her that she actually loves to go down the slide. As has been his M.O., Marz continues to be patient and tolerant of his 20 month old friend.











Once again, I am struck by how many different expressions pass across Keenan's sweet face in the matter of a minute.



















Today, the most glorious weather arrived un-announced (the powers that be had predicted rain-ha! We can only hope they are also wrong about the snow predicted next week). A balmy 73 degrees enveloped our little front yard that is straining to assert its' fledgling blooms.
Everyone and their mother (including mine) was out enjoying the unexpected treat. The heat got turned off for the first time since November and the windows flew open.
Although Sophia and Keenan enjoyed the sun, it must have been too much change for the wee little ones since they both screamed their way to the land of nod tonight. I mean AT FULL VOLUME, AT THE SAME TIME and IN THE SAME WAY (though on opposite sides of the house-how do they sense it?) Since I was on my own, it led to me frantically running up and down stairs until (after 45 minutes), I simply gave up any effort to calm and soothe, and opted to sit out on the back deck with the monitors turned down low (at this point, even Marz dog joined me in an effort to escape the din. After another 15 minutes, the cacophony finally stopped. That is when I finally sipped a glass of Cabernet and drew a long and much needed sigh of relief. I love my children more than words can ever express, but I admit that sometimes I cherish their bed times (the ones where they actually sleep that is).
Now I have upmost respect for all of the parents that are my friends. Having said that, now that I have two children so close in age, it has lead me to a new found respect for my fellow bloggers Maria-Mia http://salsainchina.blogspot.com/(with the cutest set of twins) and Donna http://2happy.typepad.com/ with her two beautiful girls who are so close in age, they might as well be twins. Ladies, I'm not quite sure how you do it, but my hat is off to you both!


2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger M3 said...

I SO hear you on the dual screaming thing when you're home alone... Whew. Sometimes the only thing to do is check on them one last time, then turn the monitors down low, pour yourself a glass of wine, and relax in the knowledge that they're safe and you can start all over again in the morning. Whooooeeeee.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

I try to help out me closest friend Melissa as much as possible - she has four kids under the age of 5. The three youngest are a year old - her biological twin boys and her new daughter (adopted from China) who is only 6 or 7 weeks younger than the twins. It's been a huge adjustment for her but she handles it like a pro. How you all handle kids so close in age is beyond me. My girls are five years apart and there is still chaos.

Your kids are gorgeous. I love seeing their pictures and you are right - Keenan has soome GREAT expressions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home