Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Three years ago today..........

Three years ago today, Colin and I got married on a beach in St. Augustine. The wedding went off with hardly a hitch which was pretty amazing considering we had only been engaged for 8 weeks.

As many of you know, Colin and I met while working a flight on 9/11, so in 2003 we had already been together for some time. In March of 2003, faced with a possible job relocation to Chicago, Colin proposed to me under a ski lift in Lake Tahoe. We were in Tahoe celebrating my birthday and what a birthday it turned out to be. While I was in the ski lodge, Colin stamped out the question "Marry Me?" with his ski boots. The only problem was that it was snowing so heavily by the time I came out, I couldn't read most of it and he had to scramble to rewrite some letters. I flung my arms around him and said yes before he could change his mind :) We intended to get married that coming summer.

Soon after, Colin left to train in Florida for 6 weeks. I had some vacation time on the books and I went to visit him and we drove up to Jacksonville to see his brother. While we were there, we visited St. Augustine and I immediately fell in love with it. We decided it was the perfect place for a wedding and that we should do it before Colin became too busy flying.

We rented a house on the beach and invited our close friends and family. Those who were able to make it on short notice made their way to Florida and we all gathered on the beach for the ceremony.

As it has turned out, it was just the beginning of our journey and we are now blessed with two more members of our family. What a difference three years make, heck, what a difference a year makes!

Happy Anniversary honey, you are a wonderful husband and an amazing father, what more can a girl ask for?





Everyone who attended.......


















And then there was four.............


















12 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

We remember it well! It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time!!! It's hard to believe it's been three years already! It's hard to believe the difference between where we all were at this time last year and now! Have a wonderful anniversary!

Love,
Michelle and Adam

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You have a beautiful family : )

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

Wow Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.
I love these photos and glad you shared them.
I have always felt that first one should be some sort of wedding mag ad- it is so beautiful...
Love,
K.xx

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Congratulations!!!

I am a new reader! I fell in love with reading all these adoption stories. I was adopted from Korea when I was 6 months old, and I just feel like i can see the other side of the story reading all these great blogs!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Happy anniversary!!!!! Gorgeous wedding photos. And gorgeous family. :-)

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy Anniversary! I Love all the photos! You all make such a lovely family!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! Your story just tickles me! All the best to your great big family of four! Amazing how things change pretty quickly, huh!

xoxo

Donna

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger my3 kids said...

Happy Anniversary and it sounds like a wonderful story of romance:) You are one beautiful family of 4. Thanks for the email as well...I have not forgotten to reply just been super busy but I will...thanks so much.

Hugs, Janice

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Tonia said...

Happy Anniversary!! And what a beautiful family you guys are!!

Hugs -
Tonia

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger S. said...

Happy Anniversary! What beautiful pictures! St. Augustine is beautiful, we live just north of Jax. I love the engagement story, that is great! Which ski resort was it? Your kids are gorgeous as always!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Oh Kat - That was beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing that. You have a lovely family and I wish you much happines and your family grows in love.
Debbie

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Congratulations on your beautiful marriage and wonderful family. Looking forward to what this year brings for you.

with love,
Libby and family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home