Saturday, May 12, 2007

Can it really be?

My Mom with Keenan





How has Sophia become so camera shy? See photos below taken while we were in China, she had no inhibitions about the camera one year ago.














As difficult as it is for me to fathom, we first met Sophia nearly a year ago (May 15th). We met her the day after Mother's Day and I remember thinking that it would be my last non-Mother's Day and I was looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day in 2007.

So much has changed in this past year. Our lives have become richer (not monetarily mind you), busier, more satisfying and, of course, more complicated. Having said that, I wouldn't change a thing. This evening, Sophia and I were talking to Colin on the phone (he was on a trip and was saying good night to Sophia before she went to bed). She made our day by saying as clear as we have heard it "I love you" and "I miss you." It doesn't get better than that.
On this day, I can't help but think about Sophia's biological mother and wish she could know that Sophia is safe and happy. I wish she could know how amazing her daughter is and I wish Sophia would have the option of meeting her biological mother some day. I realize those wishes are very unlikely to be realized but it doesn't stop me from thinking about them and wanting them fulfilled.
By the way, I'm not ignoring Keenan's wonderful presence in our lives, he is an incredible blessing, to be sure.

*******Does anyone know how to make the new blogger recognize paragraphs? I can hardly stand seeing the run on sentences....................

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

Happy First Mother's Day my friend.
Counting the days until our reunion!
K.x

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! I love your blog and your kids are so precious. We are in the process of bringing a son home from China and I already think about his birthmom and wonder what fears and pain she must have felt that last moment she looked into her child's eyes when she set him down and walked away. Know that deep down, she did what she did because she wanted her daughter to have a better life...and is the miracle that led you to be a mother...and a mother of 2 before your first Mother's Day!

By the way, I also hate Blogger's formatting. Sometimes I'll have to make an extra space when I'm writing a post and sometimes I don't. If you view your blog post in HTML before you save it, you can make manual paragraph markers by inserting HTML paragraph tags at the beginning of your paragraph. Since the comment section won't allow me to type the HTML tag itself, go to the following link and scroll down to the paragraph's section:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_primary.asp

I hope that helps!! Best wishes to you and your gorgeous family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home